Home > Useful Information Rome > Travel Documents

Travel Documents

What documents do I need to come to Rome? A complete guide for tourists coming from all over the world.

Documents needed by EU citizens: Identity Card, also valid for those traveling for work within the EU.

EU countries:  Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom

To enter, stay or transit in the entire Schengen area, foreigners must hold a Passport or other valid travel document recognized by all Schengen states.

Schengen member states: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Malta and Switzerland.


Nationals of the following countries are exempt from Visa (‘visto’ in Italy) for stays of up to 90 days for tourism, mission, business invitation and sport:


Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, South Korea, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Japan, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Malaysia, Macao, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.


The citizens from other countries contact the Italian Embassy in Rome or the Consulate in their own country to fulfill all visa requirements prior to departure.


There are no advices. Login to insert a new one!

Social Advices