Home > Places in Rome > See > Churches > St Charles at the Four Fountains

Nearby

See

Quirinale

Quirinale

(0.5km)
8398 visits
Via Veneto

Via Veneto

(0.5km)
23968 visits
National Gallery of Ancient Art Palazzo Barberini

National Gallery of ...

(0.2km)
17016 visits
Barberini Square

Barberini Square

(0.4km)
21382 visits
Via Nazionale

Via Nazionale

(0.5km)
17939 visits
St Vitale Basilica

St Vitale Basilica

(0.3km)
13463 visits

Entertainment

Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe

(0.5km)
20788 visits
Palazzo delle Esposizioni

Palazzo delle Esposi...

(0.3km)
21550 visits
Rione Monti District

Rione Monti District

(0.5km)
19078 visits
Open Gate

Open Gate

(0.3km)
14627 visits
Eliseo Theater

Eliseo Theater

(0.5km)
10161 visits
Opera Theater

Opera Theater

(0.5km)
15790 visits

Utility

Indian Embassy

Indian Embassy

(0.1km)
28613 visits
Termini Train Station

Termini Train Statio...

(1.2km)
68908 visits
Turist Info Point Santa Maria Maggiore

Turist Info Point Sa...

(1km)
8401 visits
Spanish Embassy

Spanish Embassy

(1km)
27375 visits
U.S. Embassy

U.S. Embassy

(0.6km)
30910 visits
British Embassy

British Embassy

(1.3km)
34988 visits

Itineraries

Day 2: Churches and Basilicas of Rome

From Flaminio Train Station to St Peter in Chains Basilica




St Charles at the Four Fountains

19004 Visits
Photos of St Charles at the Four Fountains (See all)

Overview

Title
St Charles at the Four Fountains
Author
carol_79
Rating
3.00
Year
1650 AD
Cost
Free Admission
Average visit time
30 minutes
Address
23 Via del Quirinale, 00187 Rome RM
Hours of operation
10.00am-1.00pm 3.00pm-6.00pm
Contacts
Phone: 064883261

Description

The Church of St Charles at the Four Fountains and the Monastery were built by Borromini. They were the first in Rome to be dedicated to St Charles Borromeus, who had been canonized in 1610. The Church of St Charles at the Four Fountains was also the first church that Borromini built in Rome. It belongs to the Spanish Trinitarian monastery. The Church of St Charles at the Four Fountains is small but the layout and the proportions were inspired by those of St Peter's Basilica.